Thursday, May 11, 2006

CHEST DAY....

Today went well....I just wish I could get more out of the tight shirt...I use one shirt for a few sets and then switch to my tight shirt for the last set or two....But I just don't feel like I am really getting anything more out of it...I am going to use it for all my sets next week...just not feeling the type of pop I should be feeling with the shirt...but we will see

Bench-135x10, 225x10,275x5, 355x3, 375x3, 475x1, 500x1, 515x1
Pec deck-130x10, 130x10, 140x8, 140x8
Mach Press-180x10, 190x10, 200x8
Hammer DB press-60x10, 75x10, 75x8

4 Comments:

Blogger Maryland Powerlifting said...

How many more weeks do you have Tig?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Tig5165 said...

the meet is June 3rd, so 2 more bench workouts...

9:48 AM  
Blogger Maryland Powerlifting said...

Consider paring down some of the assistance work. Knock one or two movements off this week and perhaps the rest next week. Put all your effort into the bench. With next week being your last week before the meet, definitly go to your meet equipment.

Also, has your sleep patterns changed? Have you made adjustments in nutrition? Try and maintain what you have done thus far and make any significant changes after this meet.

Most important, when you get the start signal, swallow it up then send it back north. Strong!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Tig5165 said...

yes...we are going to do that...cutting back a little this week and a little more next week...our main focus is the bench now and really going to continue to work at making sure the form is solid and really working at getting confidence with what we are doing...I don't plan on going for a max till the meet...I am going to be working on form and getting things right....I am pumped...just want to focus on the little things to see how that will help me....thanks for the tips...

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home