Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Last Bench workout before meet...

I felt real good going into the day....the elbow is feel good and just am excited about the meet coming and ready for it to be here....BUT...after the workout my Right Elbow was a little sore...It is from the shirt and how I wear it...I torque it by twisting the sleves outward and if it does go on right it does put some much unwanted pressure on the elbows...I did one set and had to take the shirt off due to the pain it was causing in the elbow, but put it back on and it worked well...I just like to torque it to get the added pop out of the shirt....but HELL IF IT HURTS DON'T DO IT....just going to play with the torque at the meet to see how it goes...

135x10, 225x8, 345x5, 445x1, 495x1, 505x1 (all paused) Felt good...even with having to put the shirt back on after the 495 set...
T-Bar rows-90x10, 115x10, 135x10, 160x8
Close grip pull downs 100x10, 100x10, 110x8, 120x8

Not a big workout...just trying to keep the body as fresh as possible....I will be doing a little small workout Sunday just a few extra things...nothing much though...Then rest next week...I will go into the gym to do a little cardio nothing out of the norm...just want to get the blood moving....then a message and a trip to the Chriopactor....busy week next week.... :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice final workout. What's your goal for the meet?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Tig5165 said...

honestly....if I get 500 I will be happy....it is a meet record for me...so anything over that I will be real happy...pushing for 500 which should be in reach as I have been consistently hitting....

12:37 AM  
Blogger Maryland Powerlifting said...

It is interesting that your getting pain in your elbow as a result of the shirt. I have not used Titan. But it has been explained to me that there is a great deal of support throught the tri's. I'm trying to imagine what your describing as "torquing the sleeves."

Have you thought about opening raw then nailing your PR in the shirt? It is not something I personnaly would consider doing (it would either be all raw or all equipped)but it sounds like you would benefit from doing what I would call your last warm-up single on the platfors the taking an above average jump to your second attempt. Say, if you would normally jump 20 lbs, go 30 instead. But be sure to open with something you know your going to get and still be able to make the transition from raw to shirt and hit your goal.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Nice workouts. Hitting 500 should be a walk in the park for ya. Good luck!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Tig5165 said...

thanks guys....not sure about the opener raw....I think I will be fine...Elbow is feeling good and I know NOT to torque the sleeves as much and I have worked on a way that will give me some torque but not with the pain coming to the elbow...it will work out...I am excited...I just think it was a mistake on my part of putting that much "twist" on the elbow...I won't make that mistake twice...thanks guys...I will post the results from the meet...thanks...going to rest this week and eat well...

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home