Sunday, June 04, 2006

Meet Results....

Well we are back and I have to say again....USAPL has a great wealth of lifters in the Northeast Ohio area...WOW...I seen some very solid benchers and DL's....Had a couple of world team lifters lifting and several guys who were at the Arnold Classic...so very good competition and even better the fact that probably about 50% were guys that I have seen lift for the last 4 years during these meets....I went into the meet really feeling good and ready...My brother and I don't go to these meets to get first place or anything like that...IT IS FOR FUN...and we know we have more to learn and have to continue to get stronger as time goes on....I have to say we were able to have a blast and spent the day talking with guys that we know and guys we don't and felt like it was a great experience....My brother and I were 3 for 3 and I ended up with 480 and he ended up with 485...so we were very happy...Really wanted to atleast try 500 as I think I would have been real close to getting it...I am pretty sure that 490 would have went up with the way 480 went on my last attempt...BUT, it was a great time and now we get back to the gym in a week and start working building muscle and strength (and for me I am going to work at lossing about 15 pounds)....We don't have another meet till March so I am feel good about that...

5 Comments:

Blogger Maryland Powerlifting said...

Nice Tig! I can tell from your account that you had a great time.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats tig. Nice effort. It sounds like you also had a great time. 500 will fall at your next meet.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Tig5165 said...

thanks guys....I know things will keep getting better esp since I have age on my side...well for a little while..lol...just turning 28 helps...We will keep working and see where that takes us....

5:46 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Congrats on the big bench! SOunds like an awesome meet. Get a solid plan together and hit the gym hard and by next March you should be closer to 550.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Tig5165 said...

that is the plan....We start back in on a cycle tomorrow....had time to rest and heal and getting ready to go....It was a great meet...very happy to be apart of it.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home